Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tip of the Week

One of my favorite things about ORU are the people. Whether, students, faculty, staff - the people at ORU are unlike those anywhere else. As a student, I have always appreciated the professors who teach in my classes. Besides getting to know your name and who you are, their offices are always open. I've sat in professors' offices discussing homework assignments, travel excursions, and my future. I've been to professors' homes and attended ORU events where the professors were active in what was taking place.

Getting to know your professors outside of a class setting can be extremely beneficial. Our professors have a wealth of knowledge, expertise, and a network of connections. Don't be afraid to ask professors questions about what assignments you may be working on. Feel free to stop by just to say hello. The professors want to know who you are, what you want to do with your life, and how they can help you achieve your goals. So, the tip of the week, don't be a stranger to your professors. By getting to know them your MBA experience will flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment