Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Christmas is coming to ORU

I'm one of those people who is not ashamed to begin playing Christmas music the day after Halloween. For me, the months of November and December are some of the most enjoyable months - full of thankfulness, family, a break from school, and warm hearts. Why not celebrate the season as long as possible? Now, while I may love all things Christmas, I'm not like my parents' neighbors who put up their tree the day after Halloween...no, I save that for after Thanksgiving.

Anyway, all this to say that last night's Lighting of the Prayer Garden event on ORU's campus was full of Christmas joy. The Student Association provided some yummy hot cocoa and cookies with the Alumni Association giving out ornaments. Since the event was at 7pm, it was a great after-dinner gathering of hundreds of students who needed a fun study break before going back to the books. The honor of flipping the switch to turn on all 10,000 wondering lights was given to none other than the College of Business' long time professor, Dr. George Gillan. Christmas songs were sung and giddiness for Christmas abounded. This was the first year such an event has taken place on the campus and I hope this will become an annual tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment