Monday, November 1, 2010

Fast Track Program

The past week I have been visiting several classes at ORU presenting information about our Fast Track program...something specific to undergraduate ORU students with at least 60 credit hours completed. I visit for a few reasons...1) it lets current students know of an opportunity they have to begin working on grad classes now, 2) I enjoy being able to share the information, and 3) I want them to know it's available.

When I was an undergraduate student holding two minors in business, I was never presented the information about the Fast Track program. During my last semester I only needed 9 credit hours to finish but wanted to stay full-time so I filled up my schedule with needless elective courses when I could have taken several grad classes and maybe finished earlier. It is from this experience as an undergraduate student that really gives me passion for speaking in the undergraduate courses. I want them to know that this is available for them, that they can begin adding value to the resume before they even finish a four-year degree, and that through this program a MBA degree can be completed in just two semester after completing an undergraduate degree.

Now for those students who are not from ORU or have already graduated, there is an excellerated 3 semester program that still allows students to finish faster than the traditional 4-semester program. Degree plans can be found online by clicking here.

(Just in case you're wondering, the picture is not me presenting at ORU, but rather in South Korea)

As the semester begins winding down and students begin contemplating next semester's courses, the Graduate School of Business always has options for classes that can be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment