Monday, November 15, 2010

Remember to Live

This past weekend I was in California for my grandmother's memorial service. My grandmother was a special lady, full of prayer and love for family. I will miss her. I don't really know if I can really put all my thoughts into words, but here I'll try...

*Don't let yourself become so consumed with the cares of this world, that you forget to treasure those things that cannot be replaced - time with your family, making memories with friends, and conversations with loved ones.

*Be careful what you write down...one day another family member may read it (my grandma left many great memories down on paper and gobs of amazing black and white photographs).

*When it comes down to the things that matter most in life, there's really nothing better than the fellowship of family.

*Prayer is powerful and lasts forever.

*Life does not slow down, you'll blink and suddenly it's five or ten years later.

*Having a positive attitude really does make a difference.

*Love, God, and family are all you really need to be happy in this life.

*Leaving a legacy of love, prayer, and laughter is one of the best legacies there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment