Friday, October 15, 2010

Learning during Break

Although it's Fall Break, it doesn't mean that I'm on break from learning or trying to apply what I'm learning to life. Sometime during this past week I drove over a nail. Nail in tire = air escaping = flat tire. So my husband put the spare tire on and went to find out if a nearby car place could fix it up. He went to a car maintenance place not too far from our home. I had never been to it since I usually take my car to the dealership for an oil change or check-up. Since it was closer to our home though, he decided to check out. We were hoping they would charge a small fee for plugging the tire. They charged nothing. Instead they just said if we ever needed something done to feel free to drop by their place. They definitely won over my recommendation to people. And while I'll probably still go to the dealer for some of the bigger maintenance, it's good to know that just 2 miles from my house I can take my car in to a place where they believe knowing what they offer is something of value before selling them something.

This event reminded me of so many things I've been reading in my Marketing class - from sampling, to offering something free, to giving something of value, to creating a relationship with a customer...it's all very interesting to see some of these things played out in everyday life - and applying those incidences to what's being taught in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment