Friday, October 1, 2010

Tulsa State Fair & Chick-fil-A

Last night my husband and I went to the Tulsa State Fair to check on the status of the pictures I entered and the one of my puppy in black and white won second place! Yay! I feel as digital photography is becoming more accessible to the mass population, hidden talents of people are beginning to surface. Some incredible talent is displayed there and I am glad to be among those recognized at the fair.

After roaming the stands of greasy fried food and through the chaotic lines of people trying to take a 60 second ride on a traveling carnival machine, I was ready to go and eat something a little more health concise then a Krispy Kreme burger or fried stick of butter (who eats this stuff?!?). So off to Chick-fil-A we went...away from the crowds, away from the smell of fried grease, and somewhere a little closer to our house.

Chick-fil-A always does a good job in trying to show their appreciation for the customer. It is unheard of to not hear an employee say, "My pleasure" after a customer says thanks or thank you. Last night was no exception to great customer service. We went inside to order since it was one of those rare times when there were no screaming kids inside with lines to the back of the door. The girl who took our order had "In Training" written under her name on her name badge. The service I received from her though made me feel like she was a manager in training. When I couldn't decide what to order, she made a suggestion that actually caused me to consider the choice (which is what I ended up going for). I'm not sure if she purposely recommended a higher priced item (if she did, she was real good it) but it's what I decided to order. She made us laugh during our order, told us she'd bring our food to us (which she promptly did), got our picky orders right, and complemented us. Because of the great service I felt I received and the fact that I truly enjoyed the food she recommended, I'll probably get that next time I go there, which translates into additional revenue for the restaurant.

On our way out, my husband made it a point to tell the manager on duty how well the girl in training did. Now I understand the purpose behind writing those two little words on a badge of those in training. If more companies did that, those in training would actually become challenged to become great employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment